Monday 30 May 2011

Seeing the blue sky and feeling the sun's warmth

Don't get enough of these, this time of year in Melbourne.

Popped interstate for "a quick dose of Adelaide" to revive my spirits over the weekend. It was just wonderful to get up on Saturday morning, drive up the top of the Torrens and run - IN SUNSHINE! (Sorry for shouting; I've just missed it so much.)

However, "mustn't grumble" (as they say on local radio in Adelaide): I've arrived back in Melbourne today, and the sky is blue, and the sun is trying its hardest ... and I'm grateful for these things. I'm grateful I can be aware of these things, have the freedom to go outside and experience them, am not imprisoned by ill health or infirmity or any other impediment.

I am fortunate, and I am grateful, and I am going to focus on these everyday beauties; because my life is what I make it - and I want it to be full of beauty. I hope, when my time comes, to have the opportunity to look back over my life; and if I have lived the way I want to, then my life will be characterized by beauty and strength. Not sure what I mean? Listen to the first movement of Tchaikovsky's violin concerto in D (Op. 35). That main theme - that's what I want my life to be like. (Ambitious, much? J)

No comments:

Post a Comment