Wednesday 4 January 2012

Summer Joys

These are the things I'm enjoying this summer:

1. Test Cricket! And not just our trip to the MCG on Boxing Day:



but also the drama of the Sydney Test, enjoyed via radio and TV, and enhanced through interactions with friends near and far on facebook

2. Finally getting around to re-upholstering our diningroom chairs. This is indicative of how they looked this time last week:



Part-way through the process, the original ugly 1970s brown fabric can be seen:


The contrast between old and new is marked:




and I'm very happy with the final result:


3. Reading! I'm so excited that Dead Men's Boots was returned to my local library today, so I can pounce on it - I'm looking forward to seeing what Felix Castor gets up to next. I've also enjoyed re-reading the Narnia books and browsing through some positive psychology stuff, as well as catching up on issues of New Scientist I didn't get through last year.

4. Eating - summer specials like bananas microwaved until they begin to caramelize, then mixing in low fat Greek yoghurt for a sweetly tart treat; melon for breakfast, and a perennial favourite - stir-fried wombok - for tea

5. Watching TV - as the cricket allows! Catching up on the third series of Breaking Bad on DVD, and taping the re-runs of Doctor Who to savour again.

Work will pick up again next week, but this week is still summertime. Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment