Monday 15 August 2011

... and she's back!

Finally! Back to feeling something like normal after almost a fortnight of being laid low by a pesky virus. About time!

So, now that I've re-entered life happily virus-free, what's been happening?

Naturally, the first consideration was getting back into running. Yesterday I managed a 20 minute jog (just). To put this in context, this is the workout I do the day after a long run, to warm up my muscles before a really good stretch - certainly not anything taxing! And nothing like the long run I generally do on a Sunday. But my legs felt like jelly and my heart rate was high ... nothing dangerous, though. I hadn't rushed back too early, which was good. Today I managed a 25 minute run at faster pace; tonight I have tired muscles, but again, all manageable.

Going on the old "3 time rule", seeing as I missed 12 days of training, it may take about a month to return to previous form. Ah well: that's what a bad virus will do to you.

It feels good to be planning my days around running again! Said it once, will say it again: about time.

Haven't blogged for a while, so have some catching up to do.

Here's a pic taken while stopped at traffic lights recently:


If it's necessary to label your indicators, you've got too much text on your truck!

And another, taken today:



Hyacinths and daffodils seen in Kew - beautiful!

I've finally achieved the post-viral burst of energy I've been hanging out for. Plans for the next few days include sewing, writing, catching up with friends near and far - and catching up with reading, which I was unable to concentrate on lately.

Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment