Saturday 26 October 2013

A Big Decision

After much deliberation I've decided to sign up for NaNoWriMo this year.

For those who wonder what I'm talking about: National Novel Writing Month is an online tool which encourages budding writers to compose 50,000 words during the month of November. There's also a community aspect to the project which I find quite appealing.

I don't know whether I'll make the 50,000 words - I will be quite surprised if I do! - but I need a project for the next little while, and as writing is so good for me, I thought it might be a good time to step up and really have a go at one of the many projects I've had brewing away at the back of my brain.

So, the countdown is on: NaNoWriMo starts in six days, and I have still have some planning to do.

I thought I'd resurrect this blog to keep a record of my "NaNoWriMo journey", because I'm sure it's going to be a very interesting one - definitely more akin to a back route over mountaintops than a smooth ride along a highway.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment