Wednesday 16 January 2013

Getting out of bed on the wrong side

Strange how some days you just feel grumpy, and though you check the calendar, be sure to have the usual breakfast, remember to check your top's not inside out before leaving the house - despite these things all being clear, there's no apparent reason for the dysphoria.

So you have to dig deeper for its roots. *sigh* Bloody subconscious mind - can't it ever go on holidays?

I've figured it out (I think). No, I'm not going to share my very personal bad mood triggers with you - let's just say they touch on primary relationships in my life and some pressure points which were tweaked yesterday :) - but I will share my joy at being able to introspect. It is nice to be able to pinpoint some of the "why" and hence be able to figure out "what next?".

It annoys and amazes me in equal measure, that vast, inaccessible part of our mind we cannot access yet which affects us so deeply. It's like having our own personal ocean which we can dip into, dabble in, but never, ever fully comprehend. It's a treasure trove - the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow - the scary story which scintillates and excites. It's awesome, in that word's fullness of meaning.

I am so thankful that I'm human.

No comments:

Post a Comment