Thursday 6 October 2011

Back to Basics

Lately, if I've found myself feeling run down, I've adopted a new "back to basics" strategy.

I make myself a big, rainbow-coloured poster. It has a positive, cheerful heading. (The last one was: "Catie Needs To Feel Better")

Then I set up a nice big table, with a number of day names down the left-hand column and some basic well-being strategies across the top, e.g. "Nutrition", "Hydration", "Sleep".

Instead of ticks or crosses, with their overtones of external validation/judgement, I draw a huge smiley face in each table cell when I've completed that task for the day.

I've found this a surprisingly effective way to pick myself up, noticing positive results within two days. Yes, a simple list may perform the same task - but without the cheerful colour, happiness or flair!

No comments:

Post a Comment