Wednesday 5 October 2011

I spy ...

Sitting in my favourite cafe in Kew, and I can see:
  • saplings in recycled tin cans - very cool
  • sealed jars of "panela" (organic sugar from Colombia) on each table
  • not many teenagers - which is unusual - this time of day, during term time, it's swarming
  • wooden stools and long benches
  • sporadic traffic on Cotham Road, outside
  • low hung, large-globe naked light bulbs - again, very cool
  • colourful prints on the walls, by www.nootles.com.au ("nursery and kids wall art")
I love this place!

2 comments:

  1. Catie, when I was a kid we used to visit a great aunt lived on Liddiard Street between Auburn and Glenferrie Roads. She went to Kew Baptist so that area is a bit familiar to me. Also stayed in that area when I went on a school exchange in 1966. Enjoy!!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I regularly drive down Auburn and Glenferrie Roads! Today, and also (twice each!) the day you posted this comment.

    ReplyDelete