Saturday 22 October 2011

Rhythms of Being and Doing

One of my very good friends is in a "being" phase of her life right now, in which she is concentrating on living in the moment and practising mindfulness (my words, not hers).

I, on the other hand, am very much in a "doing" phase of life. I am practising mindfulness - but the practice is highlighting certain imbalances which need redressing!

What am I so busy "doing"? Well, work is flat out: I have taken on a part time job, which is accounting for some hours each week, and my business is running almost at capacity. Which is all fantastic! But, being a recent change, is one I haven't quite adjusted to yet.

What I would like to see over the next two weeks is a return to balance, with more of my time spent:
  • forward planning - I always have one or two 'aspirational goals' on the go, and these have been neglected in the busy-ness of lately
  • doing the things I love (sewing, running) - as well as the things I love having to do (work, banking, accounting)
  • and - in particular - catching up on my reading.
So that's my goal over the next two weeks, to re-gain my work-life balance and find the new rhythm of my life.

We'll see how it goes .....

No comments:

Post a Comment