Monday 4 July 2011

I've discovered wombok!

Yes, I must admit, I thought a 'wombok' was an Australian native animal until just a few months ago. Perhaps something between a quokka and a wombat? (Embarrassing, huh?! And she calls herself Australian!)

But now it's a staple of my diet: thinly sliced and stir fried over high heat with a dash of soy sauce and honey, it's my 'quick snack' during the daytime; or, for dinner, prepared with other vegies, egg or bean curd ... yum.

It's possibly the most conveniently shaped vegetable I've ever come across. All that green, leafy goodness crammed into one healthy, dense cyliner! Slice it down the middle and it lies neatly on the chopping board, waiting for the breadknife to neatly shave each nutritious portion: how efficient is that?

Yes, I'm a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment